- Associate Director of the ESRC Centre for the Economic and Social Aspects of Genomics (CESAGen) at Cardiff University
- None Found to the question "Is Sexual Orientation Determined at Birth?"
No position found as of Jan. 27, 2012.
- Theoretical Expertise Ranking:
Individuals with PhDs or equivalent advanced degrees in fields relevant to human sexuality. Also top-level government officials (such as foreign leaders, US presidents, Founding Fathers, Supreme Court Justices, members of legislative bodies, cabinet members, military leaders, etc.) with positions relevant to human sexuality.
- Involvement and Affiliations:
- Associate Director of the ESRC Centre for the Economic and Social Aspects of Genomics (CESAGen), Cardiff University (Wales, United Kingdom)
- Recipient, BSA Philip Abrams Memorial Prize, 2006
- Recipient, BSA MedSoc Sociology of Health and Illness Book of the Year, 2005
- Recipient, European Commission funded grant to compare research ethics committees in four European countries and the impact of the Clinical Trials Directive, 2004-2007
- Worked for the technology assessment units of both the European and British Parliaments
- Former Consultant, Organisation for the Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD)
- Former Wellcome Trust funded Postdoc Fellowship to explore the developing technology of pharmacogenetics
- PhD, History and Philosophy of Science, University College London, 2000
- MA, Applied Philosophy, University of Hull (United Kingdom), 1994
- BA, Philosophy and Psychology, University of Durham (United Kingdom), 1993
- Conducted research on a European Union funded project into the ethics of genetic screening