- General Secretary of the Hindu Council UK
- Pro to the question "Is Sexual Orientation Determined at Birth?"
“The ancient Hindu scriptures describe the homosexual condition to be a biological one, and although the scripture gives guidance to parents on how to avoid procreating a homosexual child, it does not condemn the child as unnatural.
According to the scripture the sex of a child is determined by whether the fire element is dominant or the water element is dominant. Thus during those even nights the fire element dominates giving a male conception and during those odd nights the water element gives a female conception. However, if the fire element equals the water element then a homosexual conception takes place.
The point here is that the homosexual nature is part of the natural law of God; it should be accepted for what it is, no more and no less.”
“Hinduism Does Not Condemn Gay People,” guardian.co.uk, July 2, 2009
- Involvement and Affiliations:
- Managing Director and General Secretary, Hindu Council UK, 2003-present
- Owner and Accountant, Bhanot & Company, 1990-present
- Chair of Finance, Council of Ethnic Minority and Voluntary Organisations
- Trustee, Mosaic Community Trust
- Fellow member, Association of Chartered Certified Accountants
- BA, Accounting, school unknown
- None found
- Quoted in: