- Former United States House Representative (D-MA)
- Pro to the question "Is Sexual Orientation Determined at Birth?"
“Governor Bill Richardson’s apology for the mistake he made in saying that sexual orientation is a choice did not surprise me, because he has been a strong supporter of our right to be treated fairly throughout his public career… I regret Gov. Richardson’s misstatement – as I sometimes regret one or two of my own – but his error in the pressure of a debate should not detract from his very strong record in defense of equality for all Americans, including those of us who are gay, lesbian, bisexual or transgender.”
“Barney Frank Defends Bill Richardson,” Bilerico.com, Aug. 13, 2007
- Theoretical Expertise Ranking:
Individuals and organizations that do not fit into the other star categories.
- Involvement and Affiliations:
- United States House Representative (D-MA), 1981-2012
- Former Chairman, US House Committee on Financial Services
- Massachusetts State Representative, 1972-1979
- Administrative Assistant to Congressman Michael J. Harrington, 1971
- Assistant to Mayor of Boston Kevin White, 1968-1971
- JD, Harvard University, 1977
- BA, Political Science, Harvard University, 1962
- Barney Frank, via his campaign coordinator Susan Fliegel, wrote in an email to ProCon.org on May 29, 2009: “I was the first Member of Congress to voluntarily acknowledge I was gay in May of 1987.”