- University Professor of Humanities & Media Studies at the University of the Arts
- Con to the question "Is Sexual Orientation Determined at Birth?"
“[I]n nature, procreation is the single, relentless rule. That is the norm. Our sexual bodies were designed for reproduction. Penis fits vagina: no fancy linguistic game-playing can change that biologic fact… No one is ‘born gay.’ The idea is ridiculous… Thus homosexuality, in my view, is an adaptation, not an inborn trait.”
Vamps and Tramps: New Essays, 1994
- Theoretical Expertise Ranking:
Individuals with PhDs or equivalent advanced degrees in fields relevant to human sexuality. Also top-level government officials (such as foreign leaders, US presidents, Founding Fathers, Supreme Court Justices, members of legislative bodies, cabinet members, military leaders, etc.) with positions relevant to human sexuality.
- Involvement and Affiliations:
- University Professor of Humanities & Media Studies, University of the Arts, 1984-present
- Former writer, Interview
- Former writer, Salon
- Former teacher, Bennington College
- PhD, Yale University, 1974
- MPhil, Yale University, 1971
- BA, State University of New York at Binghamton, 1968
- None found
- Quoted in: