- Founding President, Chair, and Chief Executive Officer of the Martin Luther King, Jr. Center for Nonviolent Social Change
- None Found to the question "Is Sexual Orientation Determined at Birth?"
No position found as of Mar. 2004
- Theoretical Expertise Ranking:
Individuals and organizations that do not fit into the other star categories.
- Involvement and Affiliations:
- Four days after the death of Martin Luther King, Jr., she led a march of fifty thousand people through the streets of Memphis, and later that year  she took his place in the Poor People’s March to Washington, 1968
- Delegate at the Disarmament Conference in Geneva, on behalf of the Women’s Strike for Peace, 1962
- Honorary doctorates from over 40 colleges and universities
- New England Conservatory of Music, Boston Mass, 1954
- Antioch College, Ohio, 1951
- Lincoln High School, Marion, Alabama, 1945
- June 18, 1953 married Reverend Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.