- Queensland Secretary of the World Federation of Doctors who Respect Human Life
- Con to the question "Is Sexual Orientation Determined at Birth?"
“Gays are not simply ‘born that way;’ there is no simplistic ‘gay gene’ or ‘gay brain,’ and the American Psychiatric Association sums it up by stating: ‘There are no replicated scientific studies supporting any specific biological etiology for homosexuality.’ Nor, we might add, is there any all-encompassing psychological explanation, although some theories seem convincing in some cases… [T]he important thing to understand is that something can be done for it. The fog of sexual confusion can and does clear away – gays are not born that way, and they do not have to stay that way. They do not have to stay outside the circle.”
Speech addressing the National Marriage Forum at the Australian Federal Parliament Complex, “Re-Entering the Circle of Life,” Aug. 4, 2004
- Theoretical Expertise Ranking:
Individuals with PhDs or equivalent advanced degrees in fields relevant to human sexuality. Also top-level government officials (such as foreign leaders, US presidents, Founding Fathers, Supreme Court Justices, members of legislative bodies, cabinet members, military leaders, etc.) with positions relevant to human sexuality.
- Involvement and Affiliations:
- Queensland Secretary, World Federation of Doctors Who Respect Human Life
- National Director, Do No Harm! Australians for Ethical Stem Cell Research
- Senior Lecturer, School of Medicine, University of Queensland
- Member, Australian Medical Association
- MBBS (Bachelor of Medicine), University of Queensland
- DipPallMed (Diploma in Palliative Medicine), University of Melbourne
- Fellowship, Royal Australian College of General Practitioners
- None Found
- Quoted in: