- Researcher at the Austrian Academy of Sciences' Institute of Molecular Biotechnology
- Pro to the question "Is Sexual Orientation Determined at Birth?"
“[O]ur understanding of how innate behaviors are specified is still rudimentary at best… Males and females generally have dramatically distinct and innate sexual behaviors. These behaviors are essential for their reproductive success, and so strong selective pressure is likely to have favored the evolution of genes that ‘hardwire’ them into the brain.”
Cowritten with B.J. Dickson, “Fruitless Splicing Specifies Male Courtship Behavior in Drosophila.” Cell, 2005
- Theoretical Expertise Ranking:
Individuals with PhDs or equivalent advanced degrees in fields relevant to human sexuality. Also top-level government officials (such as foreign leaders, US presidents, Founding Fathers, Supreme Court Justices, members of legislative bodies, cabinet members, military leaders, etc.) with positions relevant to human sexuality.
- Involvement and Affiliations:
- Researcher at the Austrian Academy of Sciences’ Institute of Molecular Biotechnology
- Member, Dickson Group, Research Institute of Molecular Pathology
- PhD, Institute of Molecular Biotechnology, Austrian Academy of Sciences, 2006
- None found
- Quoted in: