- Faculty member of Walden University
- Not Clearly Pro or Con to the question "Is Sexual Orientation Determined at Birth?"
“Homophobia is a psychological event not analogous to sexism and racism, which are organized sociocultural phenomena. Homophobia can also be viewed as a psychological condition arising as the anticipated result of an unconscious social process, namely, the prolonged, successful, and systematic effort to exclude homosexuals from access to scarce or valued economic and social resources, including that of self-esteem.”
“Unconsciousness – Raising: Hidden Dimensions of Heterosexism in Theory and Practice with Lesbians,” Lesbians and Lesbian Families, ed. Joan Laird, 1999
- Theoretical Expertise Ranking:
Individuals with PhDs or equivalent advanced degrees in fields relevant to human sexuality. Also top-level government officials (such as foreign leaders, US presidents, Founding Fathers, Supreme Court Justices, members of legislative bodies, cabinet members, military leaders, etc.) with positions relevant to human sexuality.
- Involvement and Affiliations:
- Faculty member, Walden University (online degree university)
- Former faculty member, College of Social Work at the University of Tennessee
- PhD, Social Work, Smith College
- MSW (Master of Social Work), Smith College
- AB, Wheaton College
- None Found