- Former Founder and Clinical Director of the Thomas Aquinas Psychological Clinic
- Con to the question "Is Sexual Orientation Determined at Birth?"
“Homosexuality is, in my view, primarily a symptom of gender trauma. Although some people may have been born with biological conditions (prenatal hormonal influences, inborn emotional sensitivity) that make them especially vulnerable to such trauma, what distinguishes the male homosexual condition is that there was an interruption in the normal masculine identification process.
Homosexual behavior is a symptomatic attempt to ‘repair’ the original wound that left the boy alienated from the innate masculinity that he has failed to claim. This differentiates it from heterosexuality, which arises naturally from undisturbed gender-identity development…
[T]he general rule remains: If a child is traumatized in a particular way that affects gender, he will become homosexual, and if you do not traumatize a child in that particular way, the natural process of heterosexual development will unfold.”
“The Traumatic Foundation of Male Homosexuality,” crisismagazine.com, Dec. 19, 2016
- Involvement and Affiliations:
- Founder and Clinical Director, Thomas Aquinas Psychological Clinic, 1980-2017
- Former President, National Association for Research and Therapy of Homosexuality (NARTH)
- Co-Founded NARTH in 1992
- PhD, California School of Professional Psychology, Licensed July 1, 1980
- MA, New School for Social Research
- Died on Mar. 8, 2017
- Born on Jan. 24, 1947
- Quoted in: