- Lawyer and Gay advocate
- Pro to the question "Is Sexual Orientation Determined at Birth?"
“Urnings [male homosexuals] result from a crossing of the male and female generative principles during the first crucial stages of fetal development. Thus Urnings are essentially ‘male’ in body, ‘female’ in desire.”
- Theoretical Expertise Ranking:
Individuals and organizations that do not fit into the other star categories.
- Involvement and Affiliations:
- Argued before the Congress of German Jurists for the abolition of sodomy laws, 1867
- Developed the concept that homosexuals belonged to a “third sex” and their attraction to members of the same sex was as natural as the attraction of heterosexuals to members of the opposite sex
- Named Secretary of All German Society, 1859
- Law degree, Berlin University, 1848
- Born: 1825
- Deceased: 1895