- Scientific Writer
- Not Clearly Pro or Con to the question "Is Sexual Orientation Determined at Birth?"
“I believe that human behavior has to be explained by both nature and nurture.”
Nature Via Nurture: Genes, Experience, and What Makes Us Human, 2003
- Theoretical Expertise Ranking:
Individuals with PhDs or equivalent advanced degrees in fields relevant to human sexuality. Also top-level government officials (such as foreign leaders, US presidents, Founding Fathers, Supreme Court Justices, members of legislative bodies, cabinet members, military leaders, etc.) with positions relevant to human sexuality.
- Involvement and Affiliations:
- Non-Executive Chairman, Northern Rock Plc.
- Hon. Doctorate, Science, U. of Buckingham, 2003
- L.A. Times Book Award 2001
- Motley Fool Book of the Month award 2000
- Aventis prize for science books 2000
- Samuel Johnson prize for non-fiction 2000
- Founding Chairman, International Centre for Life, 1993-2000
- Columnist, The Sunday and Daily Telegraph, 1993-2000
- Rhone Poulenc prize for science books 1996
- Writer’s Guild award for non-fiction books 1993
- Rhone Poulenc prize for science books 1993
- The Economist, American Editor, 1983-1992
- Editor, Science and Technology, 1984-1987
- Visiting Professor, Cold Spring Harbor Lab., N.Y.
- Fellow of the Royal Society of Literature
- Glaxo science writer’s award, best science article
- DPhil, Zoology, Oxford University, 1983
- BA, Zoology, Magdalen College, Oxford University, 1979
- None found
- Quoted in: