- Father of Newsome High School student
- Not Clearly Pro or Con to the question "Is Sexual Orientation Determined at Birth?"
“I am not comfortable with my tax dollars being used to sponsor this club [GSA club at Newsome High School]. Students should discuss sexual-orientation issues with their families, or with psychologists, not with their peers in a school-sanctioned club. This tends to be a divisive issue. It’s very polarizing to the student body and disruptive to academics. It would be better to have an all-inclusive ‘tolerance’ club. If we’re building this tolerance and love and respect for each other, let’s broaden it beyond sex. Gay students already have resources in the school’s guidance counselors and other support staff. If students are being harassed, it’s the administration’s responsibility to deal with it.”
“Parents: School No Place for Gay Issues,” St. Petersburg Times, Sep. 13, 2005
- Theoretical Expertise Ranking:
Individuals and organizations that do not fit into the other star categories.
- Involvement and Affiliations:
- Father of unnamed student at Newsome High School
- Campaigned against Gay-Straight Alliance club at his daughter’s school in Lithia, Florida
- Member, Bell Shoals Baptist Church
- None found
- None found