- Scientific Research Consultant
- Con to the question "Is Sexual Orientation Determined at Birth?"
“The stages of psycho-social development toward adult heterosexuality are clearly demarcated, known and understood by developmental psychologists, and are so obviously learned that heterosexuality is clearly not genetically mandated. Surveys of adult homosexuals show conspicuous deficits in several of these developmental stages – showing that homosexuality is cultural and environmental rather than genetic.”
My Genes Made Me Do It!, 1999
- Theoretical Expertise Ranking:
Individuals with PhDs or equivalent advanced degrees in fields relevant to human sexuality. Also top-level government officials (such as foreign leaders, US presidents, Founding Fathers, Supreme Court Justices, members of legislative bodies, cabinet members, military leaders, etc.) with positions relevant to human sexuality.
- Involvement and Affiliations:
- Employee, Government of New Zealand
- Former Employee, United Nations
- PhD, Biochemistry, New Zealand, 1971
- Married to Briar Whitehead
- Quoted in:
- Is Sexual Orientation Determined at Birth?
- Does the Fraternal Birth Order Effect Demonstrate a Biological Basis to Sexual Orientation?
- Is There a Connection between Sexual Orientation and the Ratio between Second and Fourth Finger Length?
- Do Studies Conducted on Homosexuality in Twins Show a Genetic Basis of Sexual Orientation?
- Are There Physical Differences in the Brain Structure of Heterosexual and Homosexual People?