- Director of the Program in Evolutionary Medicine at the University of Louisville
- Con to the question "Is Sexual Orientation Determined at Birth?"
“The severe ‘fitness hit’ [inverse likelihood of a genetic trait surviving] of homosexuality is a red flag that should not be ignored, and an infectious process should at least be explored.”
“A New Germ Theory,” an article about the research of Ewald by Judith Hooper, Atlantic Monthly, 1999
- Theoretical Expertise Ranking:
Individuals with PhDs or equivalent advanced degrees in fields relevant to human sexuality. Also top-level government officials (such as foreign leaders, US presidents, Founding Fathers, Supreme Court Justices, members of legislative bodies, cabinet members, military leaders, etc.) with positions relevant to human sexuality.
- Involvement and Affiliations:
- Director, Program in Evolutionary Medicine, University of Louisville
- Professor, Department of Biology, University of Louisville
- Pioneer of the field of evolutionary medicine
- Advanced the feasibility of the pathogenic theory of homosexuality, or “gay germ” theory, in collaboration with Gregory Cochran, which claims that homosexuality is caused by an infectious agent, such as a virus or bacteria
- PhD, Zoology, University of Washington, 1980
- None found