- Assistant Director of Comprehensive Counseling Services
- Con to the question "Is Sexual Orientation Determined at Birth?"
“There is, however, no evidence to support the claim that SSA [same sex attraction] is genetically determined and unchangeable. If it were, one would expect that identical twins would always have the same pattern of sexual attraction. A study based on the twins registry in Australia found that among male identical twins, when one twin had SSA in only 11 per cent of the cases so did the other. This research virtually precludes genetic determination.”
Cowritten with Richard Fitzgibbons and Dale O’Leary, “Same-sex Attraction in Adolescents,” MercatorNet.com, Nov. 10, 2008
- Theoretical Expertise Ranking:
Individuals with PhDs or equivalent advanced degrees in fields relevant to human sexuality. Also top-level government officials (such as foreign leaders, US presidents, Founding Fathers, Supreme Court Justices, members of legislative bodies, cabinet members, military leaders, etc.) with positions relevant to human sexuality.
- Involvement and Affiliations:
- Assistant Director, Comprehensive Counseling Services, 2002-present
- Licensed Clinical Therapist, Institute for Marital Healing
- Member, Catholic Medical Association
- Member, CatholicTherapists.com
- PhD candidate, General Psychology, Capella University, 2010 (expected graduation year)
- MA, Clinical Counseling Psychology, La Salle University, 1997
- None Found
- Quoted in: