- Ancient Greek Philosopher
- None Found to the question "Is Sexual Orientation Determined at Birth?"
None found as of Feb. 24, 2012
- Theoretical Expertise Ranking:
Individuals and organizations that do not fit into the other star categories.
- Involvement and Affiliations:
- Ancient Greek philosopher
- Founder, Academy in Athens
- Taught Aristotle
- Served in the military from 409 BC to 404 BC
- Was a follower of Socrates
- Studied with the Pythagoreans in Italy
- Died in Athens at approximately age 80 in 348 BC
- Plato believed that the human body was perishable but its soul was indestructible. According to him, the soul was divided into the three parts of reason, spirit, and appetite.
- Birth name was Aristocles. Plato was a nickname given to him because of his broad forehead.
- Born in Athens in approximately 428 BC