- Oklahoma State Representative for House District 84 (R)
- Not Clearly Pro or Con to the question "Is Sexual Orientation Determined at Birth?"
“Kids are getting involved in these groups [homosexual clubs], their lives are being ruined, [and] their parents don’t know about it. So I introduced a bill that said you have to notify [parents of] all clubs and things. And one of my colleagues said, ‘Well, you know, we don’t have a gay problem in my community and that’s why I voted against that bill.’ Well, you know what? To me that is so dumb. If you got cancer or something in your little toe, do you say, well you know, ‘I’m just going to forget about it because the rest of me is just fine.’ It spreads, okay, and this stuff is deadly and it’s spreading and it will destroy our young people and it will destroy this nation.”
Speech given during a town hall meeting in Oklahoma House District 84, Mar. 2008
- Theoretical Expertise Ranking:
Individuals and organizations that do not fit into the other star categories.
- Involvement and Affiliations:
- Oklahoma State Representative for House District 84 (R), 2004-present
- Chair of the Human Services Subcommittee on Social Service, Oklahoma House of Representatives, 2007-2008
- Vice Chair, Appropriations and Budget Subcommittee on Education, Oklahoma House of Representatives, 2005-2006
- Member, Common Education Committee, Oklahoma House of Representatives, 2005-2006
- Member, Health and Human Services Committee, Oklahoma House of Representatives, 2005-2006
- Member, Business and Economic Development Committee, Oklahoma House of Representatives, 2005-2006
- Winner, “Outstanding Lawmaker of the Year 2005,” Oklahoma Conservative Political Action Committee (OCPAC), 2005
- Member, Olivet Baptist Church
- Member, National Rifle Association (NRA)
- Former Bible teacher and member of the choir at Olivet Baptist Church
- Former high school government teacher and sports coach
- BA, Sociology, University of Texas at Arlington, 1971
- Her speech given at the Mar. 2008 town hall meeting in Oklahoma House District 84 (quoted above) was discussed on The Ellen Degeneres Show and Democracy Now!