- Spiritual Advisor to the Buddha Dhamma Mandala Society
- Not Clearly Pro or Con to the question "Is Sexual Orientation Determined at Birth?"
“According to the ancient Indian understanding, homosexuals were thought of simply as being ‘the third nature’ (tritiya prakti), rather than as perverted, deviant or sick…
…If homosexuality is ‘unnatural’ then celibacy is more so and all Gelupa monks are breaking the fifth precept by abstaining from sex.”
“Buddhism and Homosexuality,” on the Buddhist Channel website, Aug. 31, 2008
- Theoretical Expertise Ranking:
Individuals and organizations that do not fit into the other star categories.
- Involvement and Affiliations:
- Spiritual Advisor, Buddha Dhamma Mandala Society
- Buddhist monk
- Co-founder & Teacher, Nilambe Meditation Centre
- Former Representative of Theravada Buddhism, European Buddhist Millennium Conference, Berlin, Germany, 2000
- Spoke on Buddhism and Asian religions in universities and on television and radio in Australia and throughout Asia
- None found
- Also known as Bhante Dhammika
- Quoted in: