- None Found to the question "Is Sexual Orientation Determined at Birth?"
No position found as of Sep. 2003
- Theoretical Expertise Ranking:
Media and Academic Journals
Mainstream print, broadcast, radio, and internet media entities such as the New York Times, CNN, ABC News, National Public Radio, Slate.com, Seattlepi.com, etc., as well as influential academic journals such as the Journal of the American Medical Association, Quarterly Journal of Economics, Foreign Policy, etc.
“Social Science & Medicine provides an international and interdisciplinary forum for the dissemination of research findings, reviews and theory in all areas of common interest to social scientists and health practitioners and policy makers. The journal publishes material relevant to any aspect of health from a wide range of social science disciplines (eg. anthropology, economics, education, ethics, geography, political science, psychology, social policy and sociology), and material relevant to any of the social sciences from any of the professions concerned with physical and mental health, and with health care practice, policy and organisation. It is particularly keen to publish findings or reviews which are of general interest to an international readership.”
“The journal will publish the following types of contribution:
1. Original research reports (preferably not more than 8,000 words in length).
2. Critical or analytical reviews in any area of theory, policy or research relevant to health and illness (again preferably not more than 8,000 words in length).
3. Short research reports or “think pieces” on topical theoretical or empirical issues (not more than 2,000 words).
4. Letters relating to materials previously published in Social Science & Medicine, or to topical and internationally relevant issues concerning social science and health.
5. Editorials or commentaries commissioned by the Editors.
6. Part or whole Special Issues bringing together collections of papers on a particular theme, and usually edited by a guest editor.
7. Reviews commissioned by the book review editor, or recently published books or groups of books which are likely to be of general interest to an international readership.”
- Corporation, part of Reed Elsevier PLC