- Comparative Sociologist
- Not Clearly Pro or Con to the question "Is Sexual Orientation Determined at Birth?"
“I think that it [sexual orientation] is set by age 1, so my answer to the question as posed is an uninteresting ‘maybe.’ Those of us who testify as experts in court rarely answer ‘yes/no’ questions ‘yes’ or ‘no.'”
E-mail to ProCon.org, July 18, 2006
- Theoretical Expertise Ranking:
Individuals with PhDs or equivalent advanced degrees in fields relevant to human sexuality. Also top-level government officials (such as foreign leaders, US presidents, Founding Fathers, Supreme Court Justices, members of legislative bodies, cabinet members, military leaders, etc.) with positions relevant to human sexuality.
- Involvement and Affiliations:
- Research Director of El Instituto Obregón in San Francisco
- Testifies as expert witness on sexuality issues
- Researcher on sexuality issues in Latin America
- Postdoctoral studies in Anthropology, University of California, Berkeley
- PhD, Sociology, University of Toronto
- None found